Friday 26 October 2012

Tough Mudder Update

This week I received an email from the Tough Mudder team with the announcement that the location for next year's event, that I'm taking part in, has been decided.

It's about 120 miles and 2.5 hours drive away from me so I'm glad I decided to start in a later wave, to give myself time to get there. That said the course will be seriously churned up by that point too! You can check out the course details here.

I've made the mistake of reading up on the obstacles I can expect to encounter. Sure it means I should be able to target my training a little better but it's terrifying. It's resulted in me thinking that I'll be spending a lot of my time in muddy pits or cold water as I fall off of monkey bars and balance beams or fail to make the jumps. Oh and I'm not fantastic with heights so any walking the plank is going to freak me out big time. I think this challenge is even more scary than the marathon!!

If anyone wants to come along and give me some moral support you have no idea how much I'd appreciate it. That is if you can recognise me under the coating of mud I'll no doubt have acquired. You can register to spectate here.

And just in case you haven't seen it yet... this is what I'm letting myself in for...

No comments:

Post a Comment