Friday 6 November 2009

Latest efforts

Gosh it's been a while since I posted. I feel as though I've been pretty slack lately with the whole fitness and training thing. It hasn't helped, splitting my time between two homes and trying to maintain a new social life. That might have to be sacrificed a bit. One of my fellow trekkers emailed me today and we had a bit of a chat about the upcomming briefings, fundraising and training. The plan that someone's given her, and the amount she seems to do day to day is impressive and scares me. I know I've done a few mountains and runs and so on but I think I really need to start upping the anti now.

Whilst I was living in hotels I was working on my swimming a bit, learning how to do crawl again. This is all the fault of the triathlon mags I've started reading. Helps with all over cardio though. I missed out on entry to the Pine Ridge 10k which I was disappointed about but I'm not going to enter any more races until next year.

My plan for next week is to start making more use of the new gym facilities where I'm living. I want to go at least 3 times during the week, with a bit more emphasis on weights than I've been giving, and for a long run or very long walk at the weekend. I'm not sure whether there are any really nice walks near my parents but maybe just time on my feet is what I need. I ordered some new winter running kit which I'll be getting next Tuesday so that's incentive to get out and do something. This weekend I'm planning a run or a bike ride on Sunday, get those cobwebs out!

Following the discovery that my waterproof jacket was not, in fact, waterproof enough and that the hood is useless in a breeze, I've also ordered a new Berghaus jacket with zip in fleece. I'm very excited about this. I'm also considering a down jacket as some people have recommended them but I'm not sure. Thoughts? I don't think I need any more clothing apart from that.

I've sent off for my visa and booked up my yellow fever jab. Last one I need to do is the third and final Hep B jab which I'll get booked up next week. All systems go! The last thing I need to do before Christmas is pester everyone in the office to sponsor me!

No comments:

Post a Comment