Friday 24 October 2014

Too. Much. Excitement!

This week's training:
Saturday: parkrun & 7 miles
Sunday: Rest day
Monday: RunFitUK
Tuesday: Body Balance
Wednesday: 10 mile run
Thursday: 5 mile run
Friday: Rest day

As if in response to last week's apparent lack of "happenings" this week has been a whirlwind of amazingness. I only ran once over the weekend but it was a ten mile run that managed to incorporate parkrun with my mum so I'm very happy. I spent a lot of time on my feet though, dancing at a Caro Emerald concert, wandering around the Quentin Blake and Paddington Bear exhibitions at the House of Illustration at Kings Cross, meandering through the Covent Garden area and several laps of Olympia at The Chocolate Show. Of course my chocolate consumption may have subsequently undone all that. I will confess to feeling a little queasy on the train home.
Oh hi-viz vest, how I have NOT missed you
But all good intentions started again on Monday and have been stuck to. I'm happy with the training I've put in this week, especially as it's been somewhat truncated by flying out to Copenhagen on Thursday night. That's right folks this is a scheduled post. I'm currently somewhere between Copenhagen and Malmo, perhaps even on The Bridge itself, in a thick jumper and without my running shoes. I'm only here for a long weekend and it's my last break of the year so I'm making the most of it.
Essential pre-Copenhagen preparation?
The big news this week is that after some weeks of qualification gathering and scouting I've finally ticked all the boxes and been able to accept an offer to become one of the latest additions to the RunFitUK family. I'll be starting a club in Bracknell in the very near future and am all a-fizz with excitement at the prospect. That is of course when I'm not having a crisis of confidence. There's been a fantastic response to the news (thank you for all your kind messages) so I want to live up to expectations.

What are you excited about this week? Come on, there must be something!

No comments:

Post a Comment