Tuesday 31 May 2016

Vik's Picks : May 2016

New things, as opposed to new experiences and classes, have been thin on the ground this month but I still have the full compliment of five items that I've rated in the past 30 days, to share with you.
  1. First up we have these rather great Forest Feast Street Food snacks. I've been eating a lot of snacks lately and my sweet tooth is failing me, so I'd been on the look out for some good savoury snacks. I found the Samui Thai Spice variety in Holland & Barrett and they've really hit the spot. I was delighted when they were on offer on the plane coming back from Edinburgh too!
  2. I'm in gym kit just about every day but most of the time I don't need full blown technical running socks. Primark do a fine line in trainer socks at just £2.50 a pack in a variety of colour combos. They are comfy, wash well and have even stood up to the test of a 10 mile run.
  3. I was in Decathlon buying some more kettle bells and mats a few weeks ago and accidentally ended up in the sports clothing aisle. Then I accidentally bought these rather gorgeous Kalenji Eliorun trainers. I justified it by reasoning that wearing my proper running trainers to teach class in is a waste so I'm using these as "gym trainers". They say they're suitable for running but I've not put them to the test yet but at around £30 I'm very happy.
  4. Another snack! Ok I know I said my sweet tooth wasn't as prevalent this month but these are just so moreish. MyProtein Clusters offer the right balance of texture and sweetness whilst being under 150kcal per pack. Just right for nibbling on post training.
  5. Finally, my kit choice of the month is this basic domyos essential skipping rope, also part of my Decathlon haul. I use these in some of my classes but also as part of my own training regime at the moment, helping me to improve my speed, agility and aerobic capacity for boxing. Cheap but effective.
Any savoury (vegetarian) snack tips? Do you wear Kalenji trainers for running?

No comments:

Post a Comment