Saturday 27 June 2009

Playlists

I'm a huge fan of music and rarely work out without my iPod or some other portable music device to hand. When I was training for my half marathon I put together a playlist with loads of upbeat music and made a subset of that recently that focussed a lot more on powerful rock music. I'm fond of both and alternate between them these days and add to them as I get new music. In fact I make up quite a lot of playlists. And it got me thinking.

While the upbeat dance and rock music is all well and good for training, it'd be fun to put together something new for when I'm trekking, and for the event itself. My dad did something similar for when we drove from San Francisco to California some years back with every track having a reference in the lyrics or title. So I've started putting together a list. Some are inspirational, some set the mood but most are just a bit of fun.


Here's some of what I've got so far. Feel free to add your own suggestions :)

Jazz - The Only Way Is Up
Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
Miley Cyrus - The Climb
Linkin' Park - One Step Closer
Dire Straits - So Far Away
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour
Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
Chris Rea - Road To Hell
Proclaimers - 500 Miles
M People - Moving On Up
Wagner - Ride Of The Valkyries
Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
The Who - I Can See For Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment