Friday 26 February 2010

I'm leaving on a jet plane

Today's the day. I'm off. Bags are packed, meds taken, parents on standby to take me to the airport. There's no more prep I can do. I just have to hope that I've done enough to get me through.


I will admit my training has been patchy at times. I'd like to think I'm dedicated but it's been really hard at times to keep up the motivation over the past 9 months or so. I've not done as many long walks as perhaps I could have done. Maybe not enough weights. My fitness level has definitely improved but there's no more time for fretting. This is it.


I won't be able to update this blog while I'm away but I will Tweet when I'm able to (VikkiRoberts) and may even be able to upload a couple of pics to Facebook. There will be full reports when I'm back, supplemented with any photos and video footage I've managed to take. I'm looking forward to meeting Claire and Donna at the airport and comparing frantic notes about what we've packed, getting kit envy and scaring each other silly with expectations and stories we've heard from someone's cousin's sister who climbed Kili three years back.


Thanks to all once again. See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment