Wednesday 14 November 2012

Back after the break

Sorry for the lengthy time between posts. I took a week off work to go and stomp around in some woods which I thoroughly enjoyed. Although I was staying in a hostel with wi-fi I didn't take my computer as I rather enjoy being off-grid now and again and I didn't plan ahead to schedule any posts, so there you have it.

Having had a week off from running after the Great South Run I was about ready to get back into it and took my running kit with me with the intention of going for a run in the morning but the location didn't really allow. I wasn't familiar with the area, the country roads were twisty and narrow and the woods not quite large enough to hold my attention. I did get a large amount of truly excellent sleep and eat some superb food though!

So my first run since the GSR was Frimley parkrun on Saturday just gone. It was cold, boggy, slippy and wet. I ran two minutes slower than last time I ran but I ran and I was pleased. I took it easy on a three-miler around town yesterday which I enjoyed and will do the same tomorrow. I'm running the Brutal 10k in Bordon on Saturday which I just intend to survive (it's not the sort of course I'm ever going to get a PB on) and that should get me right back into the swing of things. I'm running the Grim on December 2nd which also happens to mark the start on my Charity Challenge training plan.

I don't think it will be too hard to get back into the swing of things but I think my challenges will be eating sensibly and making strength training a new habit. There's already been times this week when I could have been doing some press ups or bicep curls or something whilst watching TV. I've found out this week that there's a girl at work running free boot camp sessions twice a week after hours so I think I'll give that a go, for some variety and motivation if nothing else.

In fundraising news, I've found out how to set up text donations for my page so if this is something you'd prefer to do, rather than via a website you can text VRSS55 £5 to 70070 to make a £5 donation or VRSS55 £10 to the same number to make a £10 donation (you get the idea). I'm 6% of the way there and it would be awesome to get to 10% by the end of the month!


No comments:

Post a Comment