Friday 13 December 2013

Christmas Spirit and Lemsips

This week I have mostly been… sleeping. And being kinda snotty, in the I-have-a-cold sense rather than the holier-than-thou sense. I'm still getting to grips with anaemia and all it entails and this week it has been entailing a compromised immune system.

The weekend was a delightful mix of seeing friends in London, going to Matilda at the Theatre, eating amazing Indian food at Dishoom and visiting Waddesdon Manor for lunch, spending too much at the food fair, ooo-ing and aaah-ing at the house all decked out for Christmas and wandering around the grounds looking at the light exhibition they have at the moment. I got to wear my favourite extra long scarf and feel about 7 years old. It was magical. Even with a sniffy nose.
The full effect of Waddesdon Manor at Christmas time
However, the sniffy nose continued on Monday, got worse on Tuesday, forced me to work from home on Wednesday afternoon out of consideration for my colleagues and had me flat out on the sofa by Thursday. Today I feel as though I'm coming out the other side which is just as well as I've got a race on Sunday that I'm determined not to miss.
Stollen danish and latte for breakfast in an attempt to cheer myself up. It worked :)
So I have done zero exercise this week. Not even a yoga class. I had PT booked for Wednesday night but cancelled as I was feeling rather foggy-headed and thought it unwise. I've also had less appetite though so I've not had the usual guilt associated with not working out. I'm skipping a planned parkrun tomorrow to ensure I've got the energy for a spot of ice skating and the Crazy Christmas Cracker Run near Reading on Sunday. I'm entered in the 10k yule log obstacle run. I'm quite glad there are obstacles as I won't be tempted to chase a time. There's an amazing medal and the promise of free mince pies and mulled wine for the runners. It's going to be GREAT!
The medal for this Sunday's run was revealed on Facebook this week. YAY!
It's hard to know if the iron tablets are making a difference yet but I'm feeling more positive about things now and want to plan a couple of workouts for next week. Nothing major, maybe just a short outdoor run, a home work out and a swim or some PT. I just want to get back into the habit while not pushing myself too hard. There'll be time for that next year. I admit to forgetting to take one of my tablets two days in a row but I'm eating loads of greens and upping my vitamin C intake so something should work. If not then I'll rely on copious amounts of Christmas spirit.

Hope you all had a great week and have a fab weekend lined up. Tell me all about it in the comments.

P.S. Anyone else seen the "Elf Storage" on the A4 near London?

No comments:

Post a Comment