Monday 16 December 2013

Nuun on the Run

Way back in the summer I got my hands on a sample of nuun, a tablet that you add to your water to assist your hydration. It's aimed at sporty types as it's a good source of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium), those things you lose when you sweat that aren't inches, calories or your mascara. What's slightly different about nuun compared to other sports drinks like, say lucozade, is that it doesn't contain any sugar (although it does contain some sweetner), is only 6-8 kcals and isn't a source of carbohydrate. It is not an energy drink, it's only concerned with hydrating you, and because of this it's a lot lighter. You simply drop a tablet into 500ml of water, watch it fizz away as it dissolves and you're good to go. But don't worry, although it fizzes, it's not fizzy so you're not going to get all gassy.
I rather enjoyed my free sample and so I got in touch with the company to get my hands on some more. I got a tube each of tri-berry, strawberry lemonade, orange and kona cola flavours but they have 11 flavours in total including lemon + lime, grape, lemon tea, tropical and banana. My favourite is the strawberry lemonade. By adding a little flavour to your water, nuun reckon that you'll consume a lot more fluid, helping to keep you fully hydrated. I'm inclined to agree. It just takes the edge off of plain water without it being over powering. It's like a very weak squash but much nicer.
I've been taking this to the gym for my workouts, having it to hand after runs and even drinking it when I'm sat on the sofa. It's a versatile little product. What I like about it is that it's very light. It doesn't make my teeth go all furry from sugar and as it's low calorie I know I'm not undoing a load of work by chugging a carbohydrate sports drink; I can get my carbs and proteins from recovery shakes if I want or just good ole plain food. As I'm no longer in heavy training having something lighter that will help to rehydrate me is a good thing.

Now I liked nuun enough to become an ambassador. This means that I can extend a very special discount to you lovely readers of mine. If you'd like to try nuun for yourself you can get a fabulous 25% off in their shop by quoting the code "ambassadorRoberts247!" at the checkout. Hope you find a flavour you like!

Disclaimer: I was sent four tubes of nuun for free to try but was under no obligation to write a review, positive or otherwise. As ever, my opinions are all my own, like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment