Friday 31 July 2015

You Never Know What You Can Do Until You Try

Wednesday was my last day as an employee with Vodafone. It was a day of mixed emotions; relief, excitement, nerves and some degree of sadness. My work didn't always inspire me but I've always been fortunate enough to work with people I liked and despite being a fairly reserved person in the office I've made some very good friends.

As is tradition we went out for a leaving lunch and as this day coincided with a team meeting I used my allocated time to take my team through some strength and postural exercises that they could do at their desk without looking too obvious. I considered a HIIT class but it just wouldn't have been practical ;)

My journey home was unencumbered by laptop, phone or swipe pass. It felt rather odd but liberating as well. I had Thursday to myself and today I set off for a week in Yorkshire with some family. It's a perfect demarcation before I dive into the next adventure.
This has graced my fridge for quite some time
Although I've already been working as a PT and fitness instructor part time for several months I'm still fizzing about doing this full time. I know I will have less security, no sick pay or holiday pay, but I'm also looking forward to being able to give this my full attention, to get more creative with session plans, to learn more, to see the people I teach achieve things they perhaps weren't sure they could.
This is going to be my new mantra!
Because as the saying goes, you never know what you can do until you try.

2 comments: