Wednesday 2 September 2009

Time to step it up

After a sluggish week or so and an indulgent weekend I'm finally raring to get back into my training with renewed vigour, not least because I got the latest Runners World yesterday and a brand new pair of cycle shorts. I'm back in the head offices now so have access to the free gym again and have booked a "gym buddy" for next Monday... no excuses now.

I've got a revision weekend coming up but there's an on site gym and a very early morning running session scheduled which I'm going to try my damndest to get out of bed for (6:30 am though!). I really need to up the pace and effort on things though so I'm hoping to head out on the bike tonight for maybe 10 miles or so and hopefully a run tomorrow. That'll depend on my ankle though which was been a bit dodgy since Pen Y Fan but if I can't run then I can cycle or swim instead. My aim for the next few weeks is to do exercise on at least 4 of 5 days.

I have even more incentive to train extra hard now because of how brilliantly the fundraising has gone. You may have noticed I've not updated my total very much lately. I will, but I want to hold out for a little longer and make it special. My Aunt has been fundraising on my behalf and raised a massive amount. I was totally stunned and I just want to publicly say, thank you so much, you're amazing! I've seen my fundraiser article in the parish magazine this week so I might get a little extra from local residents too.

I'm really excited at the moment but give me another couple of months and I'll be terrified again.

No comments:

Post a Comment