Monday 8 February 2010

Last legs

The weekend was very productive. I went out for a 9 mile walk in Swinley Forest on Saturday with my very lovely friend Dave after a suitably stodgy lunch, followed by a suitably stodgy dinner. It was the first time I got to use my Garmin properly so that was fun. It was a pleasant day, we didn't get mown down by any mountain bikers and narrowly missed getting splattered by film crew lorries. I fell asleep in front of the rugby afterwards but woke up in time to see England thrash Wales so that was nice.

Sunday was a 9 mile run. If only my legs were involved I feel as though I could run almost indefinitely but shoulders, lungs and other vital parts come into play too and so it wasn't easy but I did it. I didn't eat properly afterwards so effectively wiped myself out for the rest of the day. I was forced, yes, *forced* to lie on the sofa watching back-to-back QI all afternoon. Shame.

Getting out of bed on Monday morning was fun, as my legs gave out and I almost toppled head first into the wardrobe. If that's after two days of "stuff" what's it going to be like after 6?! I think I shall try and do something similar this coming weekend. I'll have to do lots more stretching too before I ramp down the training.

All medications and snacks are now bought. Just need to pack it all. Oh and in related news Shruti will now be doing her trek in June. She's climbing Snowdon this coming weekend so I'll be thinking of her, not least because I'd rather like to be doing it with her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment