Thursday 6 June 2013

Charity Challenge Round Up

The Eton Open Water Swim marked the end of my series of charity challenge events. It's been an education, learning about Scleroderma, what the charity do, and talking to people with the condition, understanding how it affects them. I've really enjoyed training for and taking part in the events, even though it's not always been fun with early mornings, running in snow and all sorts of aches and pains. I'm a little sad that it's over but before I find a new focus I thought I'd share a few stats with you.

Over the course of this challenge I have swum a total of 10,200 metres, 1900 of those in competition.

I've covered approximately 143 miles by bike (mostly "virtual miles" in the gym), 13 of those in competition.

And I've run a grand total of 447 miles, 39 of those in competition. That's roughly the distance from London to Newcastle. Phew!

54 people have helped me to raise £1,111 through JustGiving to date and countless more supported me through bake sales and supermarket collections to the tune of £452 giving me a total of £1,563.

It's a pity I haven't hit my target but the money I have raised will make a big difference to the charity and I hope that I have spread awareness and maybe inspired a few people along the way. In a last effort to raise a few more pounds I'm hosting a pub quiz in Farnham at The Plough on West Street, on Wednesday 19th June if you are local and fancy coming along. It starts at 8pm and costs £3 per person. There will be prizes and a raffle too so it should be a fun night. Of course it's still not too late to sponsor me and support the charity, either via the button on the page, or by texting VRSS55 and the amount you want to donate to 70070.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone who's donated and supported me throughout the past 6 months. You have made a difference.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for the Pub Quiz. In the meantime, I have nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog.. check it out :)

    http://missyinthemirror101.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete