Wednesday 28 October 2015

Fighting The Feeling Of Needing To Hibernate

For once I'm going to be proud of myself. I completed a whole week of training without skipping a day. 
The only thing I didn't manage to do last week was yoga, because it had been cancelled and I didn't find out in time to make other arrangements, but I can cope with that. My legs have been complaining though. The strength work has been taking it's toll and my quads have not wanted to play the game. Saturday's parkrun was not sub-30, my usual aim, but hey, it's one week.

Talking of parkrun, I've been inspired this week by a lady called Charlotte. She's only recently started doing parkrun and has been the last to finish in the past few weeks. Someone has to be. But she always gets the biggest cheer and comes back week after week to try again. On Saturday she got a PB and was over the moon. I think we all were, on her behalf. I'm hoping I might see her at RunFit!

I still have large chunks of time in the middle of the day when I'm not training myself or others and when I realised that I'd only left the house to go to the gym for three days I decided enough was enough and took myself to Starbucks to do some work. It was the change of scenery I needed!
Pumpkin spiced soy latte!
I've also managed to wrangle my diet back under control. I got my first Thud box this week (review soon) so have had even more fresh veg to supplement the allotment harvest and foraging spoils. I've had time to cook up big batches of soup and prep meals with intentional left overs so I'm not coming home hungry and resorting to junk food. Plus I've pretty much eaten all the chocolate in the house anyway! Cajun spiced Quorn with sweet potato mash, greek salad over crisp breads and caramelised chicory have all featured and all been delicious. Eating substantial lunches and light dinners seems to be working out well too.
A very satisfying salad.
This week has gotten off to a good start and there's the This Girl Can Danceathon at the weekend to look forward to, but last week's training looked something like this:
Monday: Boxercise
Tuesday: Speedwork
Wednesday: Kettlebells
Thursday: metafit
Friday: 4.5 mile run
Saturday: parkrun
Sunday: Strength & conditioning circuits

How are you fighting any need to hibernate? What's your favourite Autumn/Winter salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment