Friday 30 January 2015

Eat, Sleep, Train, Repeat

Another full on week! They just keep coming and although I keep meeting demands I'm craving a lie in or a day off. I've got a couple of weeks to go until I get a proper break. Can. Not. Wait.

Things that have kept me going this week include the emergency nakd bars I keep all over the place, lots and lots of herbal tea, nut butter (in porridge, puddings, curry and by the spoon), my lovely RunFitUK group and wonderful friends who fed me chilli and nachos.
Sometimes you just need nachos.
Training felt as though it took a bit of a back seat last weekend but in reality it was just done early so that the days were free for frivolity. And what frivolity that was. Saturday featured a wonderful lunch with one friend followed by watching the Colin Firth version of The Importance of Being Earnest, which I now declare to be one of my favourite films ever, and was followed up by drinks and dinner with my friend Alex, who I *should* have been doing Tough Guy with this weekend. Don't worry, neither of us are doing it, I've not left her in the lurch. Sunday afternoon was spent with my favourite 14-year-old playing guitar and ukulele, watching How To Train Your Dragon 2 and eating fajitas. I'm not sure it gets an awful lot better.

In the last seven days I have run approximately 34 miles, cycled around 39 miles, had my swimming lesson and managed a kettlebells class when I really didn't think I had it in me. I've also been on a bike maintenance course but more on that another time. In the moments in between, as those of you who follow me on twitter may have noticed, there has been a lot of studying. I've got three papers to submit before a workshop in three weeks time and I've just finished one of them. My mind is easier having completed one but there's still a way to go.

Staying with the theme of study, today I'm learning how to be a metafit instructor. I'm really looking forward to it and I'll be sure to let you know how I get on; I love metafit classes so it'll be fun to be on the other side!

This weekend I'm going to be doing a bit of parkrun tourism at Newbury and taking part in the London Winter Race. Next week I'm away for a couple of days for Alex's wedding so posts may be a little thin on the ground. I get a tiny break from training but I sure as hell won't be resting!

What sees you through the more "full on" phases of life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment