Wednesday 27 May 2015

Vik's Picks : May 2015

I've done much in the way of product of kit reviews of late but that doesn't mean that there haven't been things that I think are worthy of a mention. So without further ado, here's a round up of products that I've been enjoying this month.
1. USA Pro Leggings
One of my RunFitUK group sported a fantastically loud pair of leggings to a session some weeks ago and as someone with a bit of a thing for a funky legging, I immediately asked her where they were from and was delighted to find them in the Sports Direct sale. I bought two different pairs and have been mightily impressed with them. They have decent sized zip pockets, don't ride up nor fall down despite lack of drawstring, and don't go thin when you bend over.

2. Gym Boss miniMax
I won this little device some time ago and it's become invaluable. I use it at RunFitUK, on my classes, during my PT sessions and also used it to time my team mate's miles during 2Swim4Life. That's around 6 hours of timing in one day alone! It's easy to use (once you get the hang of the menu), stores multiple interval programmes and stays put when clipped to clothing.

3. Nakd Nibbles
These have been promoted on twitter quote a bit recently and as I'm such a fan of the bars I ordered a selection box pronto. Even smaller than the Nakd Bits, these little nuggets of deliciousness are far more versatile than the other products. Sprinkle them on cereal, add them to trail mix or devour as they are. The coconut ones are my favourites so far, but I've been restrained and not tried all seven flavours yet.

4. MyProtein Nut Butters
I never thought I'd be someone who would eat spoonfuls of nut butter straight from the tub but it appears that is what I have become. To be fair I use these in lots of other ways too, in porridge, on toast, in soups, smoothies and salad dressings. I've even added them to hot chocolate once or twice. There are plenty of other brands who offer these varieties and more but these are the ones I've been using and I'm soon going to be putting in a repeat order.

5. Cocofina Macaroon Bars
I was delighted to win a box of coconut macaroon bars from Cocofina recently and they've been a constant in my handbag and desk drawer as a snack. They're not the lowest calorie snack around but I'm a fan of the texture and flavour. Think a slightly gooier bounty bar but without the chocolate coating.

Have you tried any of these products? What's your verdict? Any alternatives you think I should check out?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh glad to see you've been putting your gymboss to good use! I can't live without mine (for teaching!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the most useful thing I think I've ever won :) Absolutely ace! Thanks again x

      Delete