Friday 29 April 2016

Vik's Picks : April 2016

This month I've been very focussed on wellbeing, both physical and mental, nourishing my body with good food, my skin with care and my soul with space to relax. So with that in mind, here are my picks of the month.
  1. This month I have been dipping into Indian Food Made Easy as my cookbook of the month. I've made simple dishes like Chilli Cheese Toast and Masala Scrambled Eggs as well as the more involved Goan Coconut Chicken Curry, with quorn instead of chicken, of course! But I hardly scratched the surface of what I wanted to cook so I'll be returning to this book soon.
  2. With so many fitness trackers out there it's hard to choose when you're in the market for a new one. It depends very much on what you want it for. After careful consideration I opted for a Garmin vivoactive. I'll be puting a full review up soon but it not only tracks my runs, but walks, swims and indoor activities as well as step counts. I've loved using it and would recommend it as good all-purpose device.
  3. It was thanks to Vitality Insurance that I was able to afford the vivoactive. Vitality offer life and health insurance with the added benefit of a host of perks if you stay healthy and active. It's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned. I was able to swap two existing policies for one with Vitality, offering the same cover for a little less than I was paying previously, gaining access to benefits like a half price activity tracker, half price gym membership and free Starbucks and cinema tickets weekly if I hit my activity targets. Again - full write up coming soon!
  4. A recent discovery that I'm singing the praises of is Buddha Radio, an Australia internet radio station that plays chilled out popular music with a host of wicked covers, with no chat or adverts. It's perfect for background sounds or to relax to.
  5. As the weather is getting brighter I've switched my moisturiser to one with SPF in it. My go to brand is Clinique and their Superdefense Daily Moisturizer with SPF20 protects my skin when I'm out on longer runs, without the horrible smell and stickiness of sun cream. Be smart, stay safe in the sun!
Do you have a go-to moisturiser ? Cooked a new dish this month that you're proud of? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment