Saturday 22 January 2011

New adventures in parkrun

This week has, once again been fairly light on the exercise front. Work has been manic, leaving little time for lunch breaks until Thursday when I did a legs bums and tums class that left my glutes aching. They're still aching, for the record, and prevented me doing reverse curls in the lounge last night.

However this morning was a parkrun morning and Shruti made the decision to come along and see what it was all about. I probably bore her to tears about it! Actually I probably bore most people to tears about it. Anyway she lives near Reading so it made sense to try that one for a change. I felt horribly disloyal to Frimley as we wandered to the start line but the crowd were friendly, slightly more in number than Frimley, and I really enjoyed it. The course is a little easier than Frimley, there being less inclines, less narrow parts and less dogs and buggies. It did start raining half way around but thankfully stayed a drizzle rather than anything heavier.

Shruti ran in 34:49 (great first effort) and I managed 28:18 (woo! still in the 28 zone!) With any luck and a bit of work I can push into the 27 range in a couple of weeks. I think I have a spa day next weekend so won't be parkrunning (sorry Shruti - but go anyway, be brave) but will be back to it as soon as I can.

Going out for dinner with Shruti and friends tonight so must try not to consume too many calories. The jury is still out on whether I'm actually going to make it to the training run tomorrow (alcohol will NOT be a factor).

No comments:

Post a Comment