Sunday 15 September 2013

Breakfast Smoothie : Peach, Banana & Avocado

I've been trying to ring the changes with breakfast. I've had a long phase of yogurt-with-fruit-and-muesli-or-granola and dabbled with herby scrambled eggs, breakfast tortilla wraps and jam on toast when I'm at home but wanted an alternative for when I have to eat breakfast at the office. I had a few avocados and peaches that needed using as well as a big sack of whey protein powder that has been intimidating me for a while so I came up with this breakfast smoothie. Don't be put off by the avocado, it provides some good fats and doesn't detract from the fresh taste of this smoothie at all.

Peach, Banana & Avocado Protein Smoothie

1 peach, peeled and roughly chopped
1 banana, chopped and frozen
Half an avocado
25g whey protein powder
100 ml apple juice
100-200 ml water

Just through all of the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. Add more water if it looks a bit thick. Because of the tendency of banana and avocado to go brown once exposed to the air it's better to make this just before you want it. If you make it the night before for breakfast it might go a bit off colour although it will still taste delicious.
Things taste better in wine glasses...
This comes in at approximately 400 kcals with a good hit of protein making it a great post-work out drink. If you try it, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment