Saturday 14 September 2013

Frame Rave - Week 2

Did you check out my post on Sweaty Betty and Frame Rave last week? Did you manage to get to a boutique and do it for real or did you try the online class? I'm envious of anyone who managed to get to a class... I can only IMAGINE how much fun that would have been. There was no way I was going to miss out on this altogether so I did the online class and you know what? It was AM-AZ-ING!

I tried the first one last Friday in my mum's lounge using my laptop. The videos start with a demo of some of the moves and then you're into a warm up followed by cardio, whatever the focus is that week (first week abs, second week legs) then a warm down and stretches. Synchronising the music track with the video took a couple of tries but I think I got there in the end. The video is obviously cut and pieced together in places and sections are repeated week to week but no matter, it's still great.

It was a lot of fun and I definitely got a work out. I really felt it in my abs but I have to confess I put a little less into the legs work out so didn't feel that as much. The instruction is clear and there's a big focus on freestyling so you don't have to be any good at following a routine. You can also work out as hard as you like. I'd invited my mum to try it with me but she declined, thinking it would be too hard for her. In the end she was watching in a slightly wistful manner and saying she reckoned she could do it after all.  I'm not sure how long the videos will be online for after September so try them while you can. It would be brilliant if a DVD was put out with this collection on it.
Sporting my gorgeous new Sweaty Betty vest

No comments:

Post a Comment