Monday 20 July 2009

Obsession... for sports

Last week was a good week for me. I got went to the gym 3 times which means I'm back in the saddle with a new routine of going before work. I even managed to get back up to level 5 on the cross trainer for 20 mins, increasing by a minute this morning. Friday morning I attempted a short run but hadn't fuelled properly so struggled. At least it was exercise. Yesterday I did a 4 mile walk with my mum to Danson Park which was just lovely. It's made me realise what a difference a change of scenery makes. As a result I've found some new routes this morning and can hopefully get a longer walk in this weekend, maybe after the fundraising on Saturday morning. Would love to get another £100. I got £45 in donations this week so less than £500 to go now!!

I am a bit scared I'm not doing enough walking, hill walking in particular but with firmer plans now in place for Snowdon I guess I'll get a feel for my fitness level and what I need to work on. I'd like to start including some swimming, just once a week. My trouble is I like to do everything all at once, and I get deeply into things very early on. For example, running. It's only meant to be part of my training but I'm still treating it a bit as though I've got a race planned, beating myself up about under-performing, looking at what the best kit is and reading almost everything I can get my hands on. Runner's World is currently my favourite maagzine with SportSister discovered this morning. Running's not so much of an issue because I know I'll keep it up after the climb but in general I'm focussing too much on the individual sports and not the overall goal so I need to watch out.

In other news I've booked my first rabies jab for mid august... fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment