Saturday 19 January 2013

Rock My Run

After today's run I feel compelled to write a short post to recommend a site called Rock My Run. I found this site during advent, thanks to a promotion run by PT Mollie where by you could claim two free credits which can be exchanged for music mixes.

You get a free credit every month and can buy additional ones. There's a good range of mixes from about 20 minutes to over two hours incorporating pop, house, dub step and rock (to name some). You can search by DJ, BPM, length and genre, and even filter out the ones with explicit lyrics. You can listen to the mixes before you download and see the full track listing.

One credit can get you a 45 minute mix so it's worth signing up even if you never buy any credits. I've downloaded Rock Da House and Closer To The Edge so far, both of which I love and work great when I'm on my longer, slower runs. I've recommended (and would still recommend) AudioFuel in the past, particularly for times when you want to pace yourself consistently, but these make a great addition to my running playlist too. Sometimes I want songs, sometimes I just want funky beats. Beats having to work out which tracks in my collection suit my pace when making up my own playlists!

You know sometimes when the perfect song comes on your iPod... that was Jessie J - Do It Like A Dude on the Closer To The Edge mix today. So awesome!

Of course you don't have to use them for running too. They'd be just as good in the gym or day to day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment