Wednesday 5 January 2011

Day 5 - feeling positive

Feeling very good today. My energy levels are rising and I'm feeling totally capable of running the planned 4 miles on the treadmill after work tonight, hopefully I'll do even further. There will also be situps etc. I'll detail it all on running free this evening.

All my team are back in the office and we had a bit of a chinwag this morning about running. Four of us run at the moment. G and I are the "runners" (he did 10k on the beach on boxing day) and N and J are the "triers". N, J and I are running the Reading Half in March. I know I'm capable, having run 4 before but I've got a way to go at the moment. J does lots of gym work and cycling and N has a personal trainer. They're both ahead of my in the miles stakes at the moment; N admitted to having run 8 miles the day before yesterday in the morning and then a further 4 with her PT in the evening. 12 miles! They still think I'll be way ahead of them though which is nice :) I brought cakes in today to sabotage them ;) Orange and cranberry muffins... seem to have been a hit.

I think it's great that so many people have got new cook books for Christmas. My OH is most enthused... he's a big fan of food and my cooking. I tried a new soup last night (not from River Cottage) that tasted delicious and virtuous (and was only so by virtue of being packed with veg): Spicy spinach and chick pea soup. I'll definitely be making that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment