Friday 7 January 2011

Day 7 - Head, shoulders, knees and toes

Or day sevERRRRN! As some would say.

Thankfully the only parts of me that ache from the above list are my toes (although my shoulders ached when I ran yesterday). After the treadmill session on day 5 my feet were feeling a bit sore. I've also noticed that my toe nails are looking a bit delicate. Not a nice thing to discuss but there it is.

Yesterday I ran with the other half and got one of my best times. Could possibly have pushed harder but I'm quite sure I worked harder than normal because I didn't want him to think I was rubbish. Apparently he thinks I run quickly, which is nice. I think he'd run with me again and he reckons we could do it in under 20 minutes. I was so thrilled that he was so supportive, even going as far as to say that he would never have tried to "win" because it was my "arena". I did wear the Garmin but there was some sort of malfunction and although it recorded the time correctly it didn't record the distance and hence lap time properly... it skipped half a mile at least.

Today it was raining, raining, raining and I thought it might be a treadmill evening. But I was brave and went out for a run round the block. I've found the key to going running when you really really don't want to is to not give yourself time to think about it. Parkrun tomorrow. Meh.

I'm glad I've been able to run at least 2 miles everyday, my mojo's returning and I've started to notice physical improvements too. Next week I will try and increase my overall distance a bit. We start with parkrun tomorrow morning and new trail shoes. I'm not expecting a PB, I anticipate being a bit groggy and achey. I'm also expecting it to be wet. It'll be a short post tomorrow as I'm off to Bristol as soon as I'm run and changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment