Monday 15 March 2010

Life After Kili

Despite having completed the trip that this blog was created to document, I intend to carry on writing, mostly because I feel I've started to find my "thing" with running, trekking and fitness and there's plenty more where this came from. I've thoroughly enjoyed all the training and running I've attempted this year and want to keep it up for at least a while longer. I want to take part in a triathlon (yes more kit, more training... god I love kit!), a few more races that I've either already done or want to try (the Grim Challenge being one) and learn a few more things like surfing. I might even join a running club, to see how that works out. I don't expect to keep up with everything, or for it to become my entire life, but I enjoy the challenges, the fitness factor and the thrill of achieveing a new PB or discovering you can do something you never thought you could. I also really enjoy writing about it all.

There are a lot of things that inspire me and so I'll be posting some quotes and details of sites and books, and maybe even films, that I particularly like.

Since I've been back I've not really taken much rest. I signed up to an indoor climbing course just before I left, on the basis that I enjoyed the taster session I wrote about so much that I wanted to take it further. It's funny how many people announce that they share an interest in something once you start doing it yourself. At least two people I know have been learning to climb that I didn't know about. Unfortunately they don't live very nearby. I was hoping to do the Reading Half Marathon this coming weekend and so went for a short run on Saturday to test out the legs. It was not good. My shins didn't feel 100% and my knee started to ache as well so I'm going to have to pass. I'm going to see if I can get myself referred to a physio, to try and aid and speed the recovery. This means running's off the cards for a while but this might be the time to try and improve my swimming. There were a couple of open water swims I had my eye on taking part in so I'll consider those a little more seriously. Also means I might not be starting Parkour either...

I managed to get to Cotswold on Sunday to get my boots replaced. Turns out that the seam on the heel of both boots was going and seeing as I'd not had them a year or put them through excessive use it seemed only fair I get new ones. Luckily there was no arguement and I'm not the proud owner of a new pair of Meindl softlines in this seasons colour. Which is dark grey. Only trouble is I've got to wear them in all over again. Good job Brecon's not far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment