Wednesday 17 March 2010

The Outdoor Show

Yesterday I won tickets to The Outdoor Show in Birmingham. I was thrilled for about 5 minutes before I realised I had a spa weekend booked in the New Forest (deserved and eagerly anticipated). I think these have now gone to a worthy home and I'm expecting to be brought back any decent freebies that are going. But I'm disapointed because the show seems to cover everything I have a passing interest in these days and much more besides. There are talks by James Cracknell, Ben Fogle, Kate Humble, Joe Simpson and many more besides. There will be stands relating to camping (with plenty of tents on display I bet), triathlon, cycling, climing... basically anything you can think of.

So I'm having to content myself with their website which seems to be quite a mine of information in itself. I've found some cool new websites to amuse myself with such as Cycling For Fun and information on mountainboarding.

I also found this page listed under the Mountainboarding section but it's about all extreme sports and in particular, a blind guy doing extreme sports. How inspiring's that!?

I'll just have to get to the show next year. I think it's worth a day off work...

No comments:

Post a Comment