Wednesday 16 June 2010

Juneathon Day 16 - No More Physio

Today marked my last session with Neil. I was at once happy that I got through the 10k on Sunday with no pain but also a little sad that I wo't get to chat with him about vegetables and running anymore. Still if I get myself signed up for the Yately 10k in August then I may well bump into him, though hopefully not literally.

We ran through the exercises I'd been doing, determined that I will always find the glute exercises difficult (although I am getting much better at the £50 note exercise) and agreed that I should keep up the exercises on a lesser basis as I will never be able to change my biomechanics completely, it's always going to be a battle. He did give me one more iteration of the £50 note but we didn't have to do any ultrasound or releases. So I guess i'm sort of fixed!

To celebrate I decided, on a bit of a whim, to run the Forest Five. I'd deliberately not applied before the day as I didn't know if I'd feel up to it but as it was local and different terrain, and a shorter distance than Sunday I decided to go for it. It was very different to the races I've run before, not least because I was on my own, but it was smaller, more running club members and less in the way of timing. I got a small goody bag (but no medal) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a stunning evening, sunny but not hot, and running through the forest was an absolute joy. I did it in 49:20 with a loo stop and a trainer adjustment stop. There were a couple of hills that I managed to cope with and I'm sure I could have pushed a bit harder if I'd really tried. I just wanted to enjoy it. And no knee or shin pain!

I think I'm a proper runner if I do this sort of thing on a whim... and can keep up with the running clubs to some extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment